Saturday 3 November 2007

Dear Professor GirijaVallabhan,
>
> I am a scientist and also a student of Vedanta. I recently came
> across your paper "Indian Influence in the Development of Quantum
> Mechanics" which I found informative and fascinating. I was writing
> to ask a question. Currently I'm interested in doing some research on
> the slightly broader question of the influence of Eastern philosophy
> on Western science (in general). I wanted to ask whether you are
> familiar with other examples of this stream from east to west in the
> realm of science. You mentioned Oppenheimer and, of course, David
> Bohm was very influenced by Krishnamurti. If you have the time could
> you point me in the direction of other examples? Thanks for any help
> you can give.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Robin Weeks
>
> Affiliate Assistant Professor
> Earth and Space Sciences
> University of Washington,
> Seattle.

No comments: